U.S.S. Ortzi
Picture of the Ortzi

The Palomino-class light cruisers were designed to function as escort and personnel transport ships during a time of great expansion throughout the Federation. While more rugged types of ships expanded the Federation frontier, the Palomino-class moved scores of beings and escorted thousnads of ships within that boundary for well over fifty years. With a crew of less than one hundred and light armor and weapon load, the fifty-five vessels constructed in this class proved themselves remarkably spaceworthy for well beyond their intended design life. Althought the last Palomino-class ships were decommissioned almost a century ago, many of these vessels remain in commercial service.

The U.S.S. Ortzi (NCC-1132) was commissioned in 2209 and served Starfleet in one form or another for nearly a century. After being removed from military service, the Ortzi was put to use as a low-priority courier ship between Federation facilities in the Manurat region on the Alpha-Beta Quadrant border. The ship served in this capacity for forty years before finally being decommissioned and sold to private interests. At last report, the Ortzi was serving as a freighter along the Romulan Neutral Zone.


'Star Trek' and all related trademarks are property of Paramount Pictures. No copyright infringement is intended.

Click here to return to Biraktes Shipyards.

Click here to return to CAIN's Domain.

This page was created on September 7, 1998.
Last modified on February 10, 2005.